- Attire: What To Wear
- Tipping & Gratuities
- Time Zone
- Program Inclusions
Attire: What To Wear
The dress code we recommend during the day is smart casual. Activities run rain or shine so please bring appropriate rain gear. Comfortable footwear is also recommended. There may be some days on which you will be away from the hotel all day. We recommend that you bring a small daypack or a small carry-on bag with you.
Pack for a resort vacation. Men should wear closed-toe shoes for dining, but there is no need for a jacket or tie. You may need a shawl or pullover for the cool evenings or for air-conditioned areas.
The currency in California is the US dollar. ATM are accessible in many areas. Credit cards are also accepted at hotels & restaurants.
Tipping & Gratuities
Arrangements have been made to cover gratuities for all activities included within the program. Gratuities are not included for Optional Tours (unless otherwise indicated) or individual purchases. Tips for tour guides are at your discretion. Tipping in restaurants is the same as in Canada. A range of 15-18% is appropriate depending on the level of service you received. Some restaurants and bars include the tip in the final bill, so be sure to check this in order to avoid overpaying. Not tipping in the USA is frowned upon.
In November the average temperatures in Laguna Beach are:
20°C / 68°F
17°C / 62°F
11°C / 52°F
Laguna Beach is on Pacific Time zone. When it is 12:00 PM noon in Laguna Beach it will be:
12:00 PM in Vancouver
1:00 PM in Calgary
3:00 PM in Ontario and Quebec
4:00 PM in Halifax
Long distance telephone calls placed from your hotel room are assessed at standard hotel service charges. If you wish to make a call, it is recommended that you use a calling card.
We recommend you contact your service provider to pre-purchase a travel roaming and long distance package on your cell phone while away.
There is complimentary Wi-Fi in hotel rooms. Wi-Fi is also available in public areas and meeting spaces.
- Accommodations for 3 or 4 nights, depending on your choice;
- Round-trip transportation between airport and hotel where you arrive and depart at the same time as our group airline arrivals and departures;
- All meals as described in the day-by-day itinerary;
- Services of staff at Hospitality Desk; and
- Porterage, internet, housekeeping.
Not Included in Your Program
- Costs to secure passport or required travel documents;
- Airline charges for checked baggage;
- Room service and in-room mini-refreshment centre charges and honour bar charges;
- Optional Activities and dine-around;
- Gratuities for optional activities (unless otherwise indicated);
- Lunches and dinners other than functions planned through The Advocates’ Society;
- Telephone calls and faxes;
- Charges for damage whether accidental or intentional to hotel, airline or other property; and
- Travel Insurance